1. A: there is something I have to tell you.
B: Go ahead. 1 (listen) ______? l will listen
2. A: Hi Ann. (do you, meet) _______meet my friend George Smith? Do you meet
B: No, I (have, never) ___________________ the pleasure.
A: then let me introduce you.
3. A: stop. What will you do ?
B: I (try) _____________ to get this piece of toast out of the toaster. It’s stuck. I am trying
4. A: there’s jack.
B: where____________he now ? Where does he
A: He (lie) ______________ on the grass under that tree over there.
B: Oh, yes. I (see) ________________ him. He look,( certainly) _______________________
_______________ Comfortable. Let’s go talk to him.
5. A: I (went) ________________ to a play last night.
B: (it, be) __________________ good? It was good
A: I thought so. I ( enjoyed) _________ it a lot.
B: what (did you) _________________see ?
A: Arsenic and Old Lace
B: Oh, I (see) _____________________ them play too.
6. A: I was in your hometown last month It looked like a nice town . I (be, never )
___________________ there before .
B: what do (you, do) _______________ in that part of the country ?
7. A: may I borrow some money? My check (be) __________________ supposed to arrive
B: Yesterday, but I still (receive, not ) _______________________ it. I need
A: To buy a book for one of my classes, but I (have, not) _________________________ any money
B: sure. I’d be happy to lend you some. How mach (you, need) ___________________ ?
A: How about five dollars? Thanks. I (pay) ________________ you back as soon
B: yes I (get) ______________________ my check .
8. A: Hello?
B: Hello. May I speak to sue?
A: She (be, not) ______________________ in right now. May I take a massage?
B: yes. This is Art O’ Brien. Would you please ask her to meet me at the library this
Afternoon? I (sit) ____________________ at one of the study booths on the second floor.
9. A: Alex, (you, know) __________________________ where Ms. Rodriguez is ? I (look) ______ for her for the past hour.
B: She (see) _____________ Mr. Frost at the moment about the shipment of parts which we (receive)--------------- earlier today. Some of the parts are missing.
A: Uh, oh . That (sound ) __________________________ like trouble. Please tell Ms. Rodriguez to phone me when she (have) ___________ some free time . I (work) ___________ in my office all afternoon .